The PCPI Quality Improvement (QI) program exists to facilitate the rapid access, sharing, learning, scale and spread of quality improvement methodologies and knowledge.
Health care reform, market changes and increased reporting requirements are causing health care providers to reevaluate their care processes and operational structures. Although a variety of QI initiatives have been available for some time, they have been primarily focused on hospitals or a specific clinical area. PCPI is involved in major QI initiatives and provides valuable tools and information to clinicians who make sustainable systemic quality improvements happen.
Through its QI program PCPI advances the culture and science of performance improvement, and continues to stimulate and support specific cross-cutting improvement initiatives
PCPI wanted to obtain a better understanding of current quality improvement programs among its member organizations; satisfaction with those programs; and unmet needs. Specifically, the survey was developed to understand the following:
• Scope of quality improvement-focused programming and services
• Focus of specific quality improvement programs currently provided
• Methods utilized to deliver quality improvement education, training & tools
• Barriers to providing quality improvement education & tools
• Current and future quality improvement programming being offered
• Success of current quality improvement offerings
View the executive summary.